New Features in Sakai 2.8
On 2011 May 25, we upgraded Sakai to a new version. Below is an overview of the changes and new features in Sakai 2.8.
Links direct you to a tool's help documentation.
- Ability to create new Sakai sites from templates with pre-loaded tools
- New CK rich text editor with improved interface
- Button to hide/show the lefthand toolbar
- Maintainers and instructors will see hidden pages on the toolbar as italicized and gray
- Library Intro: Access to Rutgers libraries information
- Library Research: Access to Rutgers libraries research guides
- Sign-up: Arranging meetings/office hours from your Sakai site
- Lesson Builder: Build lessons structured by unit or week
- Option to only show user submissions according to Group Filter and Search Result available in options menu
- Option to add assignment due date to the Schedule tool when creating a new assignment
- Displays total number of messages in current chat history and total number of messages at top of chat window
- Ability to enter a zero score in the gradebook for unsubmitted assessments.
- Option to make polls publicly visible during poll creation
- Polls can now be duplicated, imported and exported across sites
- Ability to send private messages
- Added Staff Information panel to each profile
- Participants can now be given an inactive status when adding them to a site
- There is now a checkbox for selecting all participants for removal
- Access settings redesigned for clarity
- New question type: Matrix of Choices
- Option to release student score without additional feedback
- Character maximums on text boxes has been elevated to 60000 characters
- The rich text CK editor is now available for short/long answer questions
- New assessment introduction information
- More comprehensive information available to site owners
- Site URL available to participants
- Statistic activity definitions (monitored pages) defaults to all pages
Call the Sakai Help Desk at 732-445-8721 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions about these features.