Sakai Changes 2016-17
On August 23, 2016, we will move to Sakai 11. The biggest change with Sakai 11 will be the fresh and updated user interface.
In addition to the updated look, the international Sakai community is making changes to tool availability over the next few years. The goal is to provide a more stable and consistent system. Below is a summary of the changes that we know of at this time.
As always, if you have any questions, feedback, or need clarification, contact us at 848-445-8721 or email@example.com
If you would like to register for a workshop or schedule a 1 to 1 consultation, you may do so at the OIRT site.
The following tools are no longer available for use:
The following tools have, or will be added:
- Messages replaced the "Private Messages" functionality of Discussion and Private Messages (Currently Available, added January 2016)
- Rubrics (integrated with Tests and Quizzes and Assignments), includes SAS core rubrics, ability to create custom, reusable rubrics, and assign point values to calculate a score. In T&Q, rubrics may be assigned to short answer/essay questions (Currently Available, added February 2016)
- Date Shifter: allows an instructor or maintainer to move all of the dates forward to the current semester for duplicated sites (June, 2016)
- An Upgraded Gradebook will have improved functionality and incorporate features from Gradebook 2 (available with Sakai 11 release August 2016) Note: GB2 will remain until June 2017.
The following tools will no longer be available after June, 2017:
If they currently exist in a site, they will continue to be available in duplicated versions of the site until June, 2017. We will work to add functionality that exists in these tools into their replacements.
- Discussion and Private Messages (Replaced by Forums)
- Assignments 2 (Replaced by Assignments) will not be available for new sites created after August 1, 2016 **NOTE** Turnitin and Rubrics will not be available in Assignments 2.
- Gradebook 2 (Replaced by Gradebook) will remain until Gradebook contains all of the functionality that is currently available in Gradebook 2.